How Do I Get There?
Closest Airports : Bangor / Greenville / Portland ME
From Portland : Take 295 to Rte 7 “Moosehead Trail “ in Newport. Follow until hits Rte 15
From Bangor: Take Rte 15 to Greenville
From Greenville :
- Head out of Greenville on the Kokadjo/Lily Bay Road towards Kokadjo. Greenville to Kokadjo is 18 miles on paved road. (25-30 minutes). Watch out for MOOSE in the road!
- You will enter Kokadjo after you see the big “Keep Maine Green” sign on the left, you will cross a small bridge and pass a store. Continue straight on the paved road through “town” (population 3)
- Bear left above Kokadjo where the paved road ends and dirt begins (Baxter State Park Road)
- After 1 mile turn left at the fork in the road where our camp sign is (Spencer Pond Camps – Housekeeping Cabins – 12 miles). This is the Spencer Bay Road There is an active logging operation currently in progress on this road. Please remember we have access to these roads, courtesy of the companies that own them, these are not public roads they are private. Please exercise prudence and understand the log trucks and loggers have the right of way! You may encounter a slight delay if the loggers are working near the road. They are very good about stopping their equipment and allowing you to pass through- usually within 5 minutes or less – please be patient..
- Turn right at 8 miles after you see our camp signs (small maroon sign before the turn, that says Spencer Pond Camps 4 miles and metal sign at the corner.) Do not follow the signs to Spencer Bay. You will know you are on the right road if you cross a small bridge, and then shortly after go through a big green steel gate.
- After approximately three miles you will go past a small gravel pit and cross another bridge. The road forks again here. Stay Left and follow the camp sign (Spencer Pond Camps – Keep Left). After bearing left, you will immediately cross another small bridge.
- Go approximately one mile and turn left into our camp driveway at the big Maroon and White “Spencer Pond Camps Side
Follow the driveway down through the parking lot to the office – you have ARRIVED!
View Google Maps
Be in the know about all things Glamping.
Sign up to receive exclusive information and updates.